Dainippon Screen Mfg. Co., Ltd. (“Screen”) officially announces as follows in accordance with the “Personal Information Protection Law”, effective on April 1, 2005 in Japan.
- Policies and practices regarding the protection of personal Information
- Provisions regarding public announcement of the purpose of use for personal Information
- Provisions Regarding the Procedures for a “Request for Disclosure, etc.”
- Measures for secure management of website information
- Provisions regarding inquiries about “Personal Information”
1. Policies and Practices Regarding the Protection of Personal Information
SCREEN respects personal information and is deeply aware that the data are important to maintaining privacy, and when handling personal information in the course of business activities, respects personal rights and privileges by having all directors and employees comply with the laws of Japan as well as internal company regulations stipulated to safeguard personal information in order to live up to the trust and expectations of SCREEN as well as its corporate responsibilities.
Handling of personal information
- Collection of personal information
When SCREEN collects personal information from a customer, we identify the purpose of the use for that information.
- Use of personal information
SCREEN does not use personal information for any purpose other than that for which it received consent.
- Disclosure and provision of personal information with third parties
SCREEN neither discloses nor provides personal information to third parties unless we receive the consent of the customer or we receive a legal request from a government agency or judicial body or it is required by law. Furthermore, if we do disclose or provide personal information to a third party, we stipulate the protection of that personal information with the third party and assure the protection of that personal information.
- Measures to keep personal information secure
SCREEN maintains internal company regulations and has put reasonable security measures in place to protect personal information collected from the customer from being leaked, destroyed, modified or illegally accessed.
- Inquires from customers concerning personal information
SCREEN runs a customer service center to answer any questions concerning the handling of personal information. Furthermore, if SCREEN receives a request from a customer to check, revise or update as well as delete or stop the use of the personal information that we maintain, we will do what is necessary to the extent deemed reasonable.
2. Provisions Regarding Public Announcement of the Purpose of Use for Personal Information
2-1. How we use personal information
SCREEN uses personal information collected from customers for the business activities stated below as well as within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of that use. Furthermore, we obtain the consent of the customer at the time in order to use personal information for reasons other than the purposes stated below. We do not use it for purposes beyond the scope of the purposes of use without receiving the prior consent of the customer. Note that the personal information collected and maintained by SCREEN prior to March 31, 2005 is also used within the scope of the purposes of use.
- Manufacture and sales of electronics industry devices (semiconductor manufacturing equipment, flat panel display (FPD) manufacturing equipment, printed circuit
board manufacturing equipment, wafer, liquid crystal and printed circuit board inspection and measurement devices, shadow masks, aperture grilles, etc.) as well as the
administrative business associated with the foregoing.
- Manufacture and sales of image information processing devices (image processing systems, colour scanners, film recorders, plate recorders, digital printers, digital
colour proofers, digital fonts, step-and-repeat machines, gravure engravers, communications network.
- Other business stipulated in the Articles of Incorporation and other administrative business associated with that.
Purposes of use
- To promote and sell the products (including product stock) and various services of SCREEN, SCREEN group companies (including affiliates) and partners as well as to introduce their services;
- To confirm the identity of customers or their authorized representatives;
- To perform administrative work related to transactions with customers (including sales and installation as well as administrative work involving charges and payments);
- To conduct new product development as well as marketing activities for services;
- To properly conduct processing of personal information for business purposes in whole or in part as consigned by a third party;
- To manage customer and product information;
- To notify stockholders concerning company information as well as dividends;*
- To conduct IR activities regarding SCREEN or its group companies;*
- To conduct business related to recruitment within SCREEN or its group companies;
- To conduct business related to purchase and procurement activities; and
- To properly and satisfactorily execute other transactions with customers.
*The purposes of use for the list of SCREEN stockholders regarding their own personal information are as follows:
- to exercise rights and fulfill obligations under the Commercial Code;
- to extend from SCREEN to stockholders;
- to implement measures to facilitate the relationship between SCREEN and stockholders; and
- stockholder management, such as compiling stockholder’s data in accordance with the standards set forth in laws and regulations.
2-2. Handling of sensitive information
SCREEN neither uses nor discloses to third parties, customer sensitive information (nationality, religion, family origin, permanent address, medical records, criminal records and other special private information) for purposes other than those recognized as necessary for running a proper business.
2-3. Shared use
SCREEN may share use of personal information, within the limits of the purposes of use stated above, with its group companies, affiliates, joint research sites, special agents, etc. In these cases, we will notify the customer of that fact when the information is collected. Furthermore, the information that is collected and shared is considered to be the same as information collected by SCREEN, and SCREEN accepts responsibility for its management.
2-4. Providing personal information to third parties
SCREEN shall properly manage customer personal information and shall not provide it to third parties without obtaining the prior consent of the customer. However, this is with the exception of the following:
- If we have received the consent of the customer;
- If SCREEN discloses information to a business trustee or business partner (including SCREEN group companies) which has executed a confidentiality agreement with SCREEN within the scope deemed necessary to accomplish a goal made explicit to the customer;
- If personal information is transferred to the successor following the succession of a business due to a merger or other reasons;
- If it is used as statistical data after being processed to make the customer unidentifiable;
- If it is required by laws and regulations; or
- If it is necessary in order to protect the life, physical health or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer.
2-5. Changing the purposes of use for personal information
SCREEN shall notify the customer or announce changes to the purposes of use if the publicly announced purposes of use have been changed.
3. Provisions Regarding the Procedures for a “Request for Disclosure, etc.”
SCREEN shall properly respond if a customer wishes to check, change, amend or stop the use (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Disclosure, etc.”) of his/her personal information provided to us according to the customer’s personal request, under the laws of Japan and the regulations. This provision is applied to only the customers residing in Japan.
Procedures for Disclosure, etc.
- The customer must fill in the necessary information in the prescribed “Personal Information Form (PDF: 76KB)” from SCREEN and then send it to the SCREEN Customer Service office described in “5. Provisions regarding inquiries about ‘personal information'”.
- When applying, the customer must include a copy of his/her driver’s license, passport, health insurance card, etc. to confirm his/her identity. Note that applications for Disclosure, etc. by an authorized representative must be accompanied by a notarized letter of attorney.
- After confirming identity, SCREEN will check the personal information of the customer, handle it as necessary, and send the results to the customer in a response letter. However, a response letter may not be sent if an employee of SCREEN has received the request for Disclosure, etc. in an interview and handles it appropriately.
- To prevent mailing errors, the response letter will be sent to the address of the customer using “Restricted Delivery Mail Service” provided by Japan’s Postal Service. Therefore, the customer is responsible for the charge of 612 yen postage per response letter. To pay the postage, the customer must enclose 612 yen in stamps when sending the necessary documents. However, if an employee of SCREEN receives a request for Disclosure, etc. and handles it appropriately during an interview, a response letter will not be sent, so the postage fee above is not required.
- We only use the personal information collected for the request for Disclosure, etc. within the scope necessary for the request for Disclosure, etc. The documents that are submitted will be saved for an appropriate amount of time after they are received and then destroyed.
- If any of the following reasons applies, the information will not be disclosed. If it is decided that the information will not be disclosed, notification to that effect will be given to the customer.
- If the identity of the person cannot be confirmed because the information in the application and the information in the documents to confirm identity do not match, or for other reasons;
- If the prescribed application document is not complete;
- If there is no payment of return postage;
- If the requested information for Disclosure, etc. does not fall under the category of “held personal data” set forth in “Personal Information Protection Law” in Japan;
- If there is a risk that the life, physical health, property or other rights or privileges of the customer or a third party may be harmed; or
- If such disclosure will pose significant harm to the appropriate conduct of the business of SCREEN.
4. Measures for Secure Management of Web Site Information
SCREEN’s handling of personal information collected on SCREEN’s web site or through user registration essentially follows the provisions above, and in particular in accordance with the following provisions.
- We manage and maintain personal information using a strict management system, and are making efforts to strengthen security so that customer information is not lost, destroyed, modified or leaked to third parties.
- SCREEN’s web site includes services that require customers to register personal information. Details about the purposes of use for the registered personal information are shown on each business site that offers those services, and such details supersede others.
- On the web site of SCREEN, there are pages that use technology called “Cookies” to make it more convenient when customers access the site again. “Cookies” is a globally standard technology that allow a server to recognize a customer’s computer. “Cookies” can recognize the customer’s computer but cannot recognize a customer unless the customer enters personal information.
5. Provisions Regarding Inquiries about “Personal Information”
Inquires about customer personal information, requests for Disclosure, etc. as well as complaints can be directed to the General Affairs Service Department below.
Tenjinkita-cho 1-1, Teranouchi-agaru 4-chome, Horikawa-dori, Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto 602-8585, Japan
SCREEN Graphic and Precision Solutions Co., Ltd. “Personal Information” Inquiries
Tel: 075-414-7111 (Representative)
The District Court of Kyoto, Japan shall have jurisdiction over all claims arising hereunder or in connection with the subject matter hereof.