Corrugated board and display solutions
Digital solutions for corrugated boards are just beginning to establish a position in the market place although the cost and speed of production currently prevents inkjet from making inroads into mainstream production. However, for prototyping and producing small quantities, inkjet does provide a perfect solution.
Screen, along with its Group company Inca Digital, is one of the leading manufacturers of UV flatbed digital printers and with speeds now in excess of 500 square metres per hour, digital production of corrugated boards is starting to become an option.
Inkjet: Truepress Jet1632UV, TP-J3200UV, TP-J2500UV
- Machines to handles both board and roll media
- Automatic cleaning options to maximise productivity
- Optional support of white ink, as well as light cyan and light magenta, increase application flexibility
- Flexible and robust UV inks do not crack or flake, delivering high-quality output on a wide variety of substrates
Flexo Computer to Plate for corrugated boards
As with all areas of packaging, conventional methods of production such as offset or flexo still dominate. Screen’s flexo CtP is renowned for its quality of output as well as its reliability in 24/7 production.
CtP: PlateRite FX1524/FX1200
- Flexo plate output 4 m2 (43 ft2) per hour. Letterpress plate output 6 m2 (64.5 ft2) per hour
- Up to 4,800 dpi output as standard
- Support of plate thicknesses from 0.7 to 5.5 mm (27.6 to 216.5 mil) as standard. Up to 6.35 mm thickness (250 mil) available as an option
- Output of flexo, letterpress and dry offset plates supported as standard. Thermal offset plate output available as an option
- PageFit Flexo optimal automated or manual positioning of screened 1-bit TIFF images on resin plates. Integrates with 3rd party workflows to automatically impose 1-bit TIFFs to maximise plate usage