This privacy notice lets you know about what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all products and services and instances where we collect your personal data.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of Screen GP Europe (BV) and it’s UK Branch Establishment Screen Europe (UK). Use the links below to find out more about how we use your personal information:
- Who we are
- Information we collect
- What is the source of your personal information?
- How we use your personal data
- What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
- Sharing and disclosing your personal information
- How and when can you withdraw your consent?
- Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
- What should you do if your personal information changes?
- Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
- For how long is your personal information retained by us?
- What are your rights under data protection laws?
- Your right to complain
- Data Protection Compliance
Screen GP Europe (BV), 46 Bouwerij, 1185XX Amstelveen, the Netherlands. We are a data controller of your personal data.
Personal information that we’ll process in connection with all of our products and services, if relevant, includes:
- Personal and contact details such as title, full name, contact details and contact details history.
- Records of your contact with us such as via the telephone helpdesk, email or any of the contact details listed on our website.
- Products and services you hold with us as well as have been interested in and have held and the associated payment methods used.
- The usage of our products and services, including information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing to you and analysing data, including history of those communications and information about products or services we think you may be interested in, and your preferences in receiving marketing from us and communications preferences.
- Information we obtained from third parties, for example distributors or suppliers.
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly.
- Information generated about you when you use our products and services via orders, customer forms, employees.
- From a distributor, service partner or other intermediary who we work with to provide products, services or quotes to you.
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed in Section 2 above, for the following purposes:
- Assessing an application to purchase a product or service, including considering whether or not to offer you the product or service, the price, the risk of doing so, availability of payment method and the terms.
- Managing products and services relating to that product or service, or application for one.
- Updating your records and recovering debt.
- Managing any aspect of the product or service.
- To improve the operation of our business and that of our distributors and service partners.
- To monitor and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below).
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics.
- For direct marketing communications and service bulletins. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
- To provide personalised content and services to you, such as tailoring our products and services.
- To develop new products and services and to review and improve current products and services.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance.
- To share information, as needed, with business partners (for example, distributors and service partners), or as part of providing and administering our products and services or operating our business.
5. What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
- Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, for example we collect your personal data in the performance of a contract, to provide a service to you and to ensure that orders are completed and can be sent out to your preferred address.
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, for example in order to manage your products and services, update your records, for market research and direct marketing communications to help us to offer you relevant products and services. To enable us to collect and recover money owed to us.
- In order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation for example as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes.
- With your consent or explicit consent for some direct marketing communications.
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
- Business partners (for example, distributors, service partners, insurers), or others who are a part of providing your products and services or operating our business.
- Governmental and regulatory bodies such as country tax authorities and the GDPR Supervisory Authority for Screen GP Europe (BV) Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (AP).
- Other organisations and businesses who provide services to us such as back up and server hosting providers, IT software and maintenance providers, document storage providers and suppliers of other back office functions.
- Market research organisations who help us to develop and improve our products and services.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details at Section 1 above. You can opt out of receiving marketing messages at any time by contacting us via email@example.com.
We’re based in the the Netherlands and UK but sometimes your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. If we do so we’ll make sure that suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using approved contractual agreements, unless certain exceptions apply.
You should tell us so that we can update our records using the details in the Contact Us section of our website. We’ll then update your records if we can.
We’re unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations.
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or.
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information.
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed.
- The right to object to processing of your personal information.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information.
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”).
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it.
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”).
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) which enforces data protection laws. You can contact the Autoriteit Persoongegevens at Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, Postbus 93374, 2509AJ Den Haag, the Netherlands.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights explained above, please contact our Personal Data Management Officer (PDMO), either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Screen GP Europe (BV), Bouwerij 46, 1185XX Amstelveen, the Netherlands.